Title of Educational Program
Duration of studies
One-year course, 60 ECTS Credits
Master of Pharmacy (PharmM)
Language of studies
Mode of Study
650 000 AMD
An applicant for the programme must have a bachelor's degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical chemistry or other adjacent specialties. Within the framework of the same previous specialty admission is carried out through an interview, and in the case of adjacent specialties applicant takes an exam on the specialty with a defined questionnaire.
• Aim of the programme
To prepare specialists with deep and comprehensive knowledge of the field of pharmacy, who will become an integral member of a healthcare team and will be responsible for the correct use of drugs and safety of patients.
To develop among students professional skills in partaking in research activities in various directions of the field of pharmacy (synthesis of medicinal substances, research and certification of composition, study of mechanisms of impact, obtaining new dosage forms from medicinal substances, etc.)
• Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme student will be able to:
- Present the latest achievements in the field of pharmacy which are applied in work, learning and research.
- Present strategic approaches, theories and advanced principles for the development of pharmacy, healthcare and adjacent fields.
- Present topical scientific research approaches, as well as teaching methods and related theories.
- Present pivotal professional skills necessary for carrying out research and innovation activities in order to combine the knowledge of pharmacy, healthcare and related areas and create new knowledge as well as to solve theoretical and practical tasks of pharmacy in new and unfamiliar situations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with patients, colleagues, other healthcare professionals and the public, ensuring provision of consultation and information dissemination.
- Collect, store, work out, analyze, evaluate, interpret and present information for the purpose of solving complex professional tasks through proficient elaboration of modern specialized computer programs and technology.
- Research, analyze and evaluate the main issues of the professional sphere, suggest modern scientifically based approaches to their solution, predict possible development scenarios.
- Develop innovative and creative solutions aimed at expanding knowledge and practice in the professional field.
- Carry out professional and research activities in an international environment.
- Carry out full-fledged and independent professional activities in the fields of pharmacy and healthcare by applying deep professional knowledge, skills, abilities and demonstrating proper self-conduct.
• The curriculum.
The curriculum of the programme is available by clicking here.
• Career opportunities for graduates
Graduates of "Pharmacy" master's degree programmme can work in the following structures operating in the field of pharmacy and adjacent professional fields:
Public and hospital drug stores
- clinical pharmacist
- qualified person in the field of pharmaceutical manufacturing
Department of medicine policy and medical technologies of the RA Ministry of Health
- chief specialist
- leading specialist
Centers of expertise
- quality control and assessment expert
Companies carrying out wholesale of drugs
- responsible pharmacist
- pharmaceutical marketer
Armenian representative offices of foreign pharmaceutical manufacturers
- drugs promotion expert
- lecturer, assistant
Graduates of the programme can continue their post-graduate studies both at the chairs of YSU Pharmacy Institute and in different professional institutes of YSMU and NAS of the RA.
•Resources and forms of learning support
There are three professional chairs in the Institute of Pharmacy, which are equipped with educational and research laboratories enhanced with modern pharmacy and analytical equipment (pharmacy and industrial technology, pharmacology, pharmaceutical and pharmacopoeia analysis, pharmaceutical chemistry, etc.) and workrooms.
To know more about the laboratories, follow the links below:
The institute possesses classrooms equipped with computers, which provide an opportunity to organize lectures enhanced with didactic materials and online lectures for distance learning.
In order to fully master the courses, students are also provided with electronic materials and books, and some printed books and educational manuals can be acquired from the YSU library and the office of the Institute of Pharmacy.